The 4th of July can offer the same amount of calories as Thanksgiving Day. It’s one of those holidays that can be packed with an abundance of food options like hot dogs, chips, soda’s, and beer . July means hot weather and being outside which can turn any weight management program upside down with their is an abundance of high-fat food.
The key to enjoying your 4th of July is found in one word; balance. Creating balance means mentally taking into account all of the various foods and lifestyle choices for the day.
Think ahead to what the various food choices will be tomorrow. Go into the day with the attitude of feeling good about the choices you will be making by planning ahead.
Below are some ideas to help you create balance for this great holiday.
- Plan and incorporate some form of exercise into your day. Remember,walking just 30 minutes will keep your metabolism up for several hours.
- If you know you are going to be having one large meal, eat light the rest of the day.
- Avoid drinking too much alcohol. Sugar and carbohydrates are what derail the best plans and love to hide in our fat cells.
- Drink plenty of water throughout the entire day. It is a hot time of year and dehydration can cause you to feel hungrier.
- Fill your plate with small servings of the high carbohydrate food like, baked beans, macaroni salad, etc. Fill up on vegetables and protein. Then wait 15 minutes.
Your Health Coach ~ Lennie Your Diet Diva