One Lean Protein
1 ½ lbs. Pork Tenderloin, trim off fat
½ tsp. ground cumin
½ tsp. ground cinnamon
½ tsp. ground allspice
¼ tsp. ground chipotle chili powder
½ tsp. salt
¼ tsp. black pepper
¼ tsp. garlic powder
1 Medifast sugar-free syrup packet
1 tsp. extra-virgin olive oil
1 tbsp. minced garlic
1 ½ teaspoon hot pepper sauce ( I use TABASCO® brand Chipotle Pepper Sauce)
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2. Using a small roasting pan, lightly coat it with olive oil spray. If you do not have a “mister” use a paper towel. Set pan aside.
3. Mix all the dry ingredients together in a small bowl.
4. Rub or brush the pork evenly with the olive oil. Then rub evenly with the spice mixture until coated. Cover loosely with plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 15 minutes.
5. While waiting for the pork, combine the Medifast SF Syrup, garlic, and hot-pepper sauce. Whisk to mix. Set aside.
6. Place a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until it is hot enough for a spritz of water to sizzle on it. Using an oven mitt, briefly remove the pan from the heat to lightly mist with olive oil spray. Place the pork in the pan. Cook for 1 minute per side, or until browned on all sides.
7. Transfer to the prepared roasting pan. Baste with the roast with the Medifast SF Syrup, garlic & hot pepper sauce. Roast the tenderloin in the oven for 16 to 18 minutes, or until a thermometer inserted in the center reaches 160°F and the juices run clear.
8. Remove from the oven. Cover the pork loosely with aluminum foil. Let stand for 10 minutes.
From Lennie ~ Your Diet Diva www.yourdietdiva.com