This Lean & Green Recipe got rave reviews!
One Leaner protein serving
1.25 vegetable servings
· 5 ounces fresh spinach, chopped
· 1/2 cup (2 ounces) crumbled low fat goat cheese
· 2 tablespoons pine nuts, toasted
· 1 teaspoon fresh thyme, minced
· 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
· 2 garlic cloves, minced
· 4 (8-ounce) skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
· 1/4 teaspoon salt
· 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
· 1 tablespoon olive oil
· 1/2 cup fat-free, lower-sodium chicken broth
1. Preheat oven to 350°.
2. Heat a large nonstick ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat. Add spinach to pan; cook 1 minute or until spinach wilts, tossing constantly. Place spinach in a colander; press until barely moist. Wipe pan clean.
3. Combine spinach, cheese, nuts, thyme, juice, and garlic. Cut a horizontal slit through the thickest portion of each chicken breast half to form a pocket. Stuff 3 tablespoons filling into each pocket. Seal with wooden picks. Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper.
4. Heat oil in pan over medium-high heat. Add chicken; cook 3 minutes on each side or until brown. Add broth, and cover pan. Place pan in oven. Bake at 350° for 15 minutes or until done.
Revised recipe from Cooking Light - SEPTEMBER 2010 100% Medifast Compliant