1 Lean protein
2 vegetable servings
Diva Note: You will want to purchase the Ancho Chile Powder and use it often to enhance your meals.
2 teaspoons dried ancho chili powder
1 teaspoon ground cumin
½ teaspoon salt , divided
4 (6 ounce) boneless center cut pork chops (about 1/2 inch thick)
10 sprays PAM
1 cup sliced green onions
1 1/2cups red bell peppers , in 1/4-inch strips
1 1/2cups green bell peppers , in 1/4-inch strips (you can substitute orange or yellow bell pepper if you don’t like the green)
2 garlic cloves , minced
2 teaspoons lime juice
½ tsp fresh ground black pepper , to taste
1. In a small bowl combine the ancho powder, cumin, granulated garlic, and 1/4 teaspoon salt.
2. Rub the spice mixture onto both sides of the pork chops.
3. Over medium-high temperature in a large nonstick skillet, heat 5 sprays of PAM spray, then brown the pork chops, 4 minutes per side or until done (depending on the thickness of the chops); remove meat from pan and set aside, keeping warm.
4. Add the remaining 5 second spray of PAM spray to the skillet you cooked the pork in and allow add the onion, bell peppers, and remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt, and sauté for 4 minutes or until cooked to desired texture.
5. Add the minced garlic cloves and sauté 1 additional minute then remove from heat and stir in the lime juice; season to taste with freshly ground pepper.
6. Serve browned pork chops and sautéed peppers together. Asparagus is a nice complement with this dish.